Policy analysis oriented at an adapted version of the conceptual framework “Institutions of Sustainability”.
This method provides guidance for developing an understanding of the processes and interactions that influence farmers’ land use decisions (which again affect biodiversity conservation and ESS supply). This understanding is the key building block for policy recommendations on future land use strategies.
The analytical framework “Institutions of Sustainability” (IoS) from Hagedorn et al. (2002) provides an applicable basis for such an analysis. It includes the definition of the actions arena, followed by an analysis of institutions and policies, and an agri-environmental analysis.
- Template 1 for researching relevant policies and policy measures regarding land use and the impact of agriculture on biodiversity and ecosystem services in a case study area
- Template 2 for collecting information on the relevance, impact and governance of policy measures regarding agricultural land use and ecosystem services in a case study area
- Colour coding graphs governance
- Categories of agri-environmental standards that might be regulated in mandatory legislation
- As an example of outputs, the graph of actors , and the graph of governance describing the institutional landscape in the Cega – Eresma – Adaja area (Spain)